Nova 227 questions

Nova 227 questions. I am currently familiar with and use only 2.4 and 5ghz WISP products.

What distance can I achieve with these? (compared to say the Nova 436?)
How do a check for and apply for the license?

OK, so not much activity here. Kinda hard to make decisions on purchasing when nobody answers questions…

Hi! I would be happy to assist you with this or getting you in touch with the right people that can help. I believe the 227 is used for short distances and the Nova 436Q would get you much more distance along with other features. I can get you in contact with some people that would have more answers if that would be beneficial?

Yes, that would be great! I need to know about the licensing of this band, and how I can see what frequencies are open in my area, who/what company owns or operates in them.

Thank you

no problem sorry about the late response. Please email sales_na@baicells.com, and let them know your area that you are looking to install in this will help greatly. They will get you in contact with an engineer that can help you based on your location for discovering both bands and licensing.

I have discussed spectrum in my area with Federated and am all clear with no other CBRS equipment close to me. A few more questions:

Can I use the same subscriber radios with the 227 and the 436q and other APs? If I go with the 227 just to play with, later down the road if I want to upgrade to the 436q or other AP I don’t want to have to swap out every subscriber module.

Correct. The LTE CPEs you deploy will be able to attach to any LTE standards-based eNodeB. And specifically in our case, yes, the same CPEs can connect to both 227 and 436Q.

Thanks for that information. Can you estimate clear LOS ranges for both of these models? Reviewing all data to make a purchase decision soon:

436q

I know there are output power differences, just trying to see what the range difference is with these.

Without getting into any free space path loss calculations, and assuming LOS and good SNR, you will likely see coverage up ~5 miles with 227 and ~9 miles with 436Q. Note that the 227 is designed more for micro pop scenarios, which is more suitable for the 1-2 mile range. It has a built-in electronic downtilt of 10°, so you may need up tilt it if shooting for maximum coverage. Additionally, for any of our eNB products, if you may also need to adjust the distance-related parameters, such as Zero Correlation Zone Config (as found on LTE>Advance page) if targeting for a link greater than 6 miles.

Can you please estimate NLOS distance between these two models? I am just looking for a comparison between the two.

Not heavy foliage, but light.