Urgent Quotation Consultancy required for Mobile Wireless Deployment

Hello

We vetting proposals to deploy an effective broadband wireless solution in our region - West Africa.

We currently have the following frequency available to us with reference to:

Band 7 - 2600 MHz
Band 41 - 2500 MHz

We also have allocations in the following frequency range
5.4 Spread spectrum band
12.3 - 12.5 GHz band (200MHz )

We have currently narrowed down to Baicells for LTE and Globtel Air for fixed microwave access.

Few Questions
Does Baicells have Base Stations that support Band 7?
Does the solution support mobile wireless? Can we provide a client with sim card to insert into tablet example samsung galaxy for data service only. Same about mifi devices? In other words which on-prem EPC non vendor lockin product can we pair with Baicells eNBs.

I will be very grateful if an integration expect or consultant could pm for further discussion. Very urgent.

It is very difficult getting to speak to a human being from Baicells which makes me wonder if this is the right choice but then he pricing looks good.

thank you

Hello,

Please PM us.
We already deployed Baicells in west and Central Africa.

Thanks,
Heiko Rehm

I have a lot of experience in the Ku Band (terrestrial Ku for multipoint in the USA is called MVDDS) as I was an engineer at what was the largest MVDDS operator in the USA.

The vast majority (if not all) of the Wireless technology in this band is borrowed from satellite (we used DVB-S2), and there are a few companies that will sell you a solution here that costs far more than if you were to do it yourself with COTS satellite hardware.

That being said, I have a new approach that can more adequately use this band that’s designed to work with LTE.

Please feel free to reach out to me:
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/mvdds/
or Google “Jeremy Ward wireless”. You can also PM me, I think this thing will send me an email.

As for a local EPC, check out Athonet which has been tested with BaiCells — they’re an Italian company. Also, BaiCells will have a local EPC product very soon.