This BaiTip was written by Nitisha Potti.
These Advanced Settings will optimize the KPIs, but won’t drastically improve the RSRPs. Although these settings will help the UEs latch on to the eNB by improving the RF signals in bad RF conditions, a minimum RSRP of -110 dBm is recommended. Going below -110 in the summer or -100 in the winter is not advisable.
LTE>>>Advanced>>>Power Control Parameters
1. Max Pathloss: Default is 125 at present, leave it as it is and only change to 135 for high NLOS situations for eg. in cases of dense foliage in between UE and eNB.
2. Target ul SINR: Default is 5 and recommended.
3. Po_ue_pusch: Default setting 0, recommended setting 7, this will increase the uplink UE signaling power.
LTE>>> Mobility Parameters>>
1. A2 Event Threshold: Default setting 65, recommended setting 0, this will accommodate a min RSRP of -140 dBm and stop A2 triggers due to which CPE drops occur as CPE is flapping between two eNBs.
2. Cell Selection Parameter >>> Qrxlevmin (dBm): Default is -60, recommended change to -70. Min RSRP required for cell selection= 2Qrxlevmin+Qrxlevminoffset. Thus, setting the parameter = -70 will give min RSRP=2-60+1 = -139dBm.
LTE>>>Advanced>>>Random Access Parameters
1. Zero Correlation Zone Config: Default is 10, if the distance needed to be covered by eNB is greater than 5 miles, we recommend changing this to 12, which will adjust the maximum distance covered to around 9 miles. The ZCZC can be increased to 15 to go beyond 9 miles, if there is clear LOS.