CPE ATTACHING AND DETACHING FROM eNB

Hello Guys,

In recent weeks I have had my IDU and ODU attaching and detaching from the eNB. Let us say I power both of them and they are connected to the eNB, after a while it just goes off, the LTE signal bars just go off and you lose internet connectivity, all of a sudden the CPEs are now searching again for LTE signals again and the parameters are quite fine. It happens all over again even after powering off and on, it doesn’t just connect until at its own time.

STEPS THAT I HAVE DONE
1- Upgraded both of them to the latest firmware and module version ( It didn’t help so returned it back to the old firmware) ( It didn’t work)
2- Manual/Hard reset for both of them( IDU and ODU) ( It didn’t work)
3- Rebooted the eNB ( It didn’t work)
4 -Rebooted the router that the LTE is terminated on. ( It didn’t work)

OUTDOOR MODEL
Device Info

Product Name: LTE ROUTER

Product Model: EG7035L-M11
Hardware Version: ver.A
Module Name:SQN3220SC-USB-MSL5402A

Software Version: BCE-AP-2.4.1_NA
Software Build Time:20200417-141928
SN:|1203000079208BP1587
Module Version:4.2.2.0-40957_BYPASS_V1.0.7

INDOOR DEVICE
Software Version :BaiCE_BG_1.1.36
Product Model :EG3012A-M2
Hardware Version :A
LTE Module FW Version :0.3.2.12

Please any suggestions as to what the issue might be and what can be done to resolve it.
Thanks in advance.

Does the eNodeB have both fiber and ethernet connected? If so, disconnect either the fiber or the ethernet.

JPH

Thanks, @Joph12 for getting back to me, it only has ethernet connected to it, do you think its from the eNB or from the CPEs

Thanks, @Joph12 for getting back to me, it only has ethernet connected to it, do you think the issue is from the eNB or from the CPEs?

Thanks in advance

Is it just this one cpe any others with the same problem?

C

Thanks, @Chris_Christian for replying back.

It happens to so many CPEs and the issue I currently have now with them, is that all of sudden the PLMN and CELL ID don’t display whereas other parameters (rsrq,rsrp, pci, sinr,dl-mcs,ul-mcs,lte-mode, earfcn) are displayed.

Even after updating the firmware and module version. It’s still the same thing the PLMN and CELL ID would still not .connect

The issue I had before was the LTE network just going off which still happens even up till now and takes a while to come back and now for some CPEs you dont have the PLMN and CELL ID displaying. what can possibly be wrong?

Is it from the CPEs?
Is it from the eNB?
Can this also be linked to the EPC?

The issue is now very prevalent guys please help.

Is this a new install? Were things working fine when you first installed your enb and cpe’s ? How long has the enb and cpe’s been in service before this has started ? It looks like you need to change your frequency on your enb

Thanks @Chris_Christian for getting back to me.

Is this a new install?
No, Chris, it happens to both newly installed CPEs and already existing CPEs.

Were things working fine when you first installed your enb and cpe’s ?
Yes, Chris, Things were all good and fine until recently.

How long has the enb and cpe’s been in service before this has started ?
It has been for over two years now with no issues like this.

Thanks in advance.

what model ENB? What is the firmware version? It is possible that someone is using a similar frequency. Try a different frequency far from the one you are using now.

what model ENB?

It is a nokiaAirsclae BTS.

Hi,
I am having the same problem that you had (i.e. CPE connecting and disconnecting to the enodeB), were you able to find a solution? If so, please share it with me as I have tried everything without any success. Thanks.

hello JMclean, we found out that our IP pool were exhausted, after extending the Ip Pool , everything came back as it should be, no more attaching and detaching

Thanks, I will try that.