Cloud OMC Upgrade Announcement - October 29, 2020 @ 12:00am Pacific

The OMC section of CloudCore is being upgraded October 29 at midnight pacific time. This update mainly adds bug fixes and improvements related to SAS.

Downtime is expected to last 10 minutes and the CloudCore portal may not be accessible during this time. This upgrade will have no impact on UE or eNB connectivity to the Cloud EPC as well as the DP SAS service.

Changelog:

======================================
OMC Version 6.2.8
--------------------------------------
New Features:
- Added: OMC: Add CPE upgrade option to skip software upgrade and only perform module upgrade if target version matches current version

Improvements:
- Improved: OMC: Immediately response to CPE's inform message when CPE SAS state = OFF

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed: OMC: Suspended grant response code 401 caused by DP relinquishing grant without receiving ACK from SAS
- Fixed: OMC: DP may not properly respond to suspended grant response code 501 w/ operationParam object
- Fixed: OMC: UE number on eNB Monitor page is not displayed correctly with QRTB software

Will we get to see the LTE module version in OMC > CPE > Monitor ?

No, but you can click the Export button on that page to download a CSV file which will continue the module firmware version.

Thanks that really helps. I use the CSV extensively and missed this has been in for over a week. I figured if the module version was not on screen in OMC it would not be in the CSV.

I note that my CAT6 CPE running 1.6.4 do not show the module firmware version. Will this always be the case? We will never need to know the module firmware version in CAT6?

The Cat6 CPEs use a different chipset which does not have separate module firmware.

Is there a place to download just the new module firmware?

New module firmware is currently in the beta section of this forum: https://community.na.baicells.com/t/mlhxxxx-v1-0-5-new-beta-lte-module-firmware-has-been-released/1353

Hey Jesse,

You guys are probably swamped but thought I would let you know we are having the same no LAN connection issue with the 1.0.4 and SAS. Backing down to 1.1.3 seems to fix it so far.

Understood, this is what we have been recommending in the meantime until the issues with the Cat4 module firmware are fully resolved. Also FYI, the old module firmware is uploaded to the Cloud OMC, so if you were to re-upgrade the CPE software, it will automatically upgrade/downgrade to the older release (e.g. 1.1.3).