GETTING STARTED WITH BAICELLS
Baicells equipment is Plug & Play and by far the easiest LTE devices to setup and add to your current network. Many common startup problems evolve from the operator making too many changes during startup. Keep it simple to start with and tweak settings after the system is live.
This guide will cover:
- How to sign up for a CloudCore access account
- How to configure a base station to connect to the Baicells Cloud OMC
- How to activate SIM cards
- How to add CPE’s to the OMC
- How to add eNB’s to the OMC
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL: SUPPORT_NA@BAICELLS.COM
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A CLOUDCORE ACCESS ACCOUNT
- Enter the url https://cloudcore.cloudapp.net/cloudcore/ to go to the CloudCore home page & click the [Sign up] button.
- Fill out the mandatory information, then click the [Sign up] button.
- You will receive an E-mail from CloudCore , your login account user name is your email. You will then need to click the active url to complete the authentication.
- The account is now active, click [return home] to go back to the CloudCore home page.
- Login the CloudCore with user name (email), and password you entered when you signed up.
- Next, you will need to configure an eNB to connect to the Baicells Cloud OMC.
HOW TO SET UP A BASE STATION FOR USE WITH CLOUDCORE
- Directly connect the base station’s DATA port to a network routed to the Internet. The base station DATA interface is set to DHCP client by default.
- (Optional) Plug a computer directly to the MGMT port. The default IP address for the MGMT interface is 192.168.150.1/24. You will need to assign a static IP address on your computer within MGMT subnet.
- Log into the base station web GUI from either the DATA or MGMT interface IP. (e.g. http://192.168.150.1 )
- (Optional) Configure network settings if necessary, under Network Settings->Network Interface.
- Configure base station to connect to Baicells Cloud OMC:
a) Navigate to the Network Management Settings page: BTS Settings -> Network Management Settings b) Enter baiomc.cloudapp.net:48080/smallcell/AcsService into “Network Management IP” and then click save.
Do not change these settings unless you are connecting to a different hardware EPC (core).
HOW TO ACTIVATE SIM CARDS
On the current BOSS system there are two ways to import sim cards:
Using file import: In this method there is no restriction on the number of sim cards:
- Open an excel sheet paste the sim cards in the excel sheet from starting from A1 cell only in column A. the sim card number should appear in digits eg: 314030000012345 if it doesn’t then right click on the cell >>>fomat cells>>>number tab>>>under category select number. Under decimal places option which you will see on the right side in this format cells dialog box make sure it is 0. Save this file with a name of your preference.
- Click on BOSS tab on OMC.
- Go to Network>>>Sim card>>>Click on import tab>>>click on file tab
- Under file option search for the file you saved in step 1.
- Click on import.
- You will get a dialog box saying how many sim cards have been added successfully click on ok.
NOTE: If an operator attempts to import SIM cards that do not belong to them, the system will auto-generate an audit request to the Baicells super administrator.
Using Activation code: The sim cards purchased in packs of 10 can be imported using the 14-character activation code printed on the box, using the following procedure:
- login your cloudcore account and select BOSS tab.
- Go to network>>>sim card.
- Select import tab on the current page and make sure you are on the Active code sub tab.
- Click on import sim card button and paste the Activation code printed on the box in the Active code field on the pop up window.
- Then click on import, you should get a pop up saying import success.
To activate the SIM cards, follow these steps:
- Log into CloudCore
- Click “BOSS” at the top left.
- Click “Subscriber” on the left menu.
- Click “Add” to add a new subscriber which located on the upper right corner.
- Click the plus symbol under SIM Card.
- Choose the IMSI and click “Yes”.
- Click the plus symbol under Service Plan.
- Choose the service plan and click “Yes”.
- Click “Save”.
Once the SIM information, specifically the IMSI, is imported and activated, when the UE is installed and powered on it will trigger the automatic UE registration in the operator’s OMC account.
HOW TO ADD CPES TO THE OMC
With the release of some recent firmware (version BCE-ODU-1.0.8) comes two easy ways for operators to add their UEs to the OMC.
- Begin by logging into your CloudCore Account
- Find your CloudKey Number in the top right corner. This number is unique to every operator’s account.
- Next, go to the the UE web GUI
- Click the “System” tab located on the left
- Click TRO69
- Enter your CloudKey in the box marked “CloudKey”
- Click submit and in a few minutes, once the UE attaches to the eNodeB, it will appear in CPE monitor in the OMC. Reboot is not required for this field to take effect.
Alternatively you can use the device manager within the OMC to add devices
- Login to your OMC account
- Click on System/Device Management
- Click +Add in the in the top right corner
- A popup will appear to insert the UE MAC address. Fill it in and the UE device will be added to your account.
HOW TO ADD ENBS TO THE OMC
Adding eNBs to your OMC is normally a fairly easy process. Let’s go through the steps below.
- Login to the OMC
- Go to the Device Management Menu
- Click the eNB tab
- Click the plus symbol in the top right corner
- Enter the serial number of your eNB into the box
READY TO DEPLOY!
Once the SIM cards are activated and your base station is in “Active” state, all that should be required for UE connectivity is to insert the SIM card into your UE before powering on. The UE will then automatically scan for and associate with your base station.