Anyone using bridge mode in the CPE?

One of my coworkers was under the impression bridge mode in the CPE (not the base station) did not work yet, I haven’t tested it yet.

If it does not work, is there a timeline that it will?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

Im watching this as well to see as I am also interested if bridge mode on the CPE/UE is working yet

@rick.harnish any ideas here? I tried this as well and it does not seem to work here (or I am doing it wrong).

Good Point / Good Request.

I think it would be good to try bridge Mode on the UE combined with the (working) L2 Mode on the eNB in combination with 3rd Party Routers like Mikrotik connected to the UE as a Home/Soho Router/AP.
Going to try this is the Lab…

Issue might be MGMT access if UE is in Bridge mode - might need to combine this testing with also testing the VLAN capabilities of the CPE’s (to have UE MGMT on a tagged interface)

This should go to the Beta Group though.

Heiko

Bridging the CPE doesn’t work. To have a bridged CPE currently, you have to run a bridged VPN
with another device (like two mikrotik routers).

Any updates on doing bridging the way that we see on other technologies and other vendors?

We really need to be able to do PPPoE in order to properly automate the customer environment and our interaction with them.

1 Like

Bumping bridge mode threads. Curious if Atom OD06 supports bridge mode. Users manual has confusing sentence:

“Selecting Bridge mode disables NAT and allows the UE to function as a DHCP server without IP address conflict”

Shouldn’t bridge mode disable DHCP server too? Act as a DHCP client if anything?

Over a year since last thread post, any update?

This was commented on recently. Still nothing.

Hi all, checking on updates. We’re looking at options and level of success in running PPPoE over these. Thank you.

@CStan Bridge mode is IP passthrough. To support PPPoE, you would need to use VxLAN or GRE. What core network are you using now?

Hi Jesse. Core in the network that uses the Baicells is OSPF on MT RouterOS v6. We don’t use either of those protocols in that area at the moment.