OMC and BOSS Upgrade Announcement - June 21, 2018 @ 12:00am Pacific

The OMC and BOSS section of CloudCore is being upgraded June 21 at midnight PST. A number of new features are being added with the main highlight for this update being HaloB enable (no longer requiring to do this from eNB web GUI), displaying LGW IP and MAC address on the CPE monitor page, and configuring user roles (read/write permissions). Downtime is expected to last 4 hours.

Changelog:

==========================
OMC Version 4.2.3 & BOSS Version 4.3.3
--------------------------
New Features:
- Added: CLOUDCORE: CAPTCHA added to login page.
- Added: CLOUDCORE: UI improvements made to Sign Up page.
- Added: CLOUDCORE: Restrict number of user login sessions (Security Rule > Login Limit).
- Added: OMC: eNB > Monitor - Add active and deactive function to Operations menu.
- Added: OMC: eNB > Monitor - Add HaloB license information to Operations menu (Operations > Information page).
- Added: OMC: eNB > Monitor - Add "HaloB Enable" to Operations menu.    
- Added: OMC: eNB > Monitor - Add Alarm column to display number of active alarms.
- Added: OMC: eNB > Monitor - UE count is now a clickable link to display all attached CPEs.
- Added: OMC: CPE > Monitor - Add LGW IP Address and LGW MAC Address columns.
- Added: OMC: eNB > Maintenance section added to support bulk reboots, password resets, and log collections.
- Added: OMC: CPE > Maintenance section added to support buik reboots.
- Added: OMC: System > Security > User Group and Role Set page added to manage user groups and user roles.
- Added: BOSS: Cloudcore billing.
- Added: BOSS: System > Security > User Group and Role Set page added to manage user groups and user roles.
- Added: BOSS&OMC: User roles are added for customizing permission levels (read & write) for user groups.

Improvements:
- Improved: Equipment onboarding has been moved to "eNB > Register" and "CPE > Register" (old location was System > Device Management > Device).
- Improved: eNB upgrade page has been moved to "eNB > Upgrade" (old location was eNB > Strategy > Upgrade).
- Improved: PCI lock page has been moved to "Strategy > PCI Lock" (old location was CPE > Strategy > PCI Lock).
- Improved: New upgrade available notification display.

Captcha-I’ve seen some pushback on Facebook. If we had a way to make the user session not time out so quickly, this wouldn’t be such an issue. Why not allow a login session of a week duration? That way we won’t have to log in so often.

I have noticed I now can’t login to more than one session at a time. Is that restriction new? There is the new option to Restrict the number of user login sessions. Is this per user? The option is currently off, does that mean only one? If I change it to 2, will that allow two sessions per user?

Thank you for the other improvements!

In regards to captcha, we are still reviewing this internally on what improvements can be made. I like your idea of increasing login session time and we will discuss this option as well.

The restrict number of user logins is in reference to how many total logins are allowed to an account, not a specific user. We have since removed the single login per user restriction and will later add this as a customization option.

1 Like