Baicells Nova233 End of Life
This bulletin is to formally announce the End of Life for the following Baicells product(s):
- The Nova233 outdoor small cell and all of its predecessors or variations (Nova R9)
- Product End of Life: December 31, 2023
We are taking this action as part of the normal product evolution. The Nova233 product will continue to be supported through 2023. This includes remote support and bug fixes. There are no plans to add any new features to this platform in 2023.
Beginning January 1, 2024, support and bug fixes will not be available. However, consideration could be taken on a case-by-case basis to extend support under a separate commercial agreement. Contact your Baicells representative for details.
It is currently not possible to purchase any additional Nova233 units.
Replacements, Network Expansion, and Evolution Options
Going forward, the Baicells Nova436Q is the recommended replacement product for the Nova233. The Nova436Q however, offers notable advantages in terms of system performance and overall capabilities:
- Multi-carrier (2) System vs. Single Carrier
- 4 ports vs. 2 ports – utilize carrier aggregation or dual-carrier modes depending on your deployment scenario
- Number of Concurrent Connected Devices – 192 vs. 96
- Increased UL/DL Mbps performance – the Nova436Q offers double channel bandwith (40 vs. 20) and 256QAM DL support
- Fully controlled by Baicells CloudCore and HaloB EPC platforms
- The Nova436Q does require external antennas.
The 3GPP compliant Nova436Q is generally available for immediate purchase and detailed product information can be found on the Baicells website. This commercially available product, supported by the Baicells CloudCore and HaloB EPC platforms, also works with existing Baicells CPE. The proven platform will allow for ease of introduction to existing 3GPP compliant networks. For a limited time, we are offering a price discount on the Nova436Q and Nova846 to smooth the transition. Information can be found here.
If you have any further questions about transitioning your Nova233 to a Nova436Q or alternative Baicells product, please contact your Baicells representative.